Thursday, April 14, 2011

TOP 5 V DAY BREAK UP ALBUMS IN OC WEEKLY

The day I submitted my Top 5 Break Up Albums for Valentine's Day story for the OC Weekly, interim music editor Danielle Bacher called me to apologize. I wasn't sure why. It went something like this.

Me: "Hey." (That's how I answer the phone.)
Her: "Ryan, I am soooooooooooo sorry."
Me: "Why?" (In keeping with the one-word answer motif.)
Her: "I just realized that I assigned you a story on break-up songs right after you broke up with your girlfriend."
Me: "It's cool." (There goes the streak.)
Her: "Seriously, I should have known better. I should have thought about that. I shouldn't have asked you."
Me: "It's cool."
Her: "You sure?"
Me: "Yep."


In all honesty, this was a pretty fun one to write, all things considered. I don't do these list type things very often and when I do, I never feel like they come out as I intend them to. This one, I think, hits the mark and then some. So I guess I owe Ms. Bacher a thank you for that.
Point your mouse in this direction to find out what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment