Thursday, April 14, 2011

POEM PUBLISHED IN MODERN DRUNKARD MAGAZINE

I got this new phone that lets me check email. It's pretty cool, except when it buzzes in the middle of the night. Like a jackass, I always look at it although nine times out of 10 it's just Target telling me patio furniture is on sale.

So I had a bad day (week? month? year?) and the phone buzzed. With eyes half opened, I looked to find an email saying my poem would be in the next issue of Modern Drunkard Magazine. This woke me up real fast for two reasons: No. 1 -- I was having a poem published. and No. 2 -- I knew I hadn't submitted anything for a loooooooong time.

When I woke up officially (around noon), I searched my Gmail archives (God, what a great feature) and discovered that I submitted this poem in January. Of 2008.

Scroll to the middle of the page (by clicking here) and you'll find "Sure, One More."

No comments:

Post a Comment