Thursday, April 14, 2011

MEAT BEAT MANIFESTO IN OC WEEKLY




Funny story about this one.

My ex and I broke up a few days prior to this, but I was still sleeping on the couch. Needless to say, it was awkward. I needed to get out and there's no better place to be when your mind is warped than a Meat Beat Manifesto show. Problem was, I had no cash and no ticket.

I tried a contact of mine, but that didn't come through. Then, as luck would have it, I talked to a publicist who I'd never worked with before. It was for a totally different story. After we set up the interview, he told me some of the bands he worked with. Once he mentioned MBM, I got excited and told him how I wanted to go see them that night, but didn't have a ticket.

Three hours later, I'm in the doors. Sometimes it pays (not cash) to be a journalist.

Click here to read a review that has nothing to do with what I just said.

No comments:

Post a Comment