Tuesday, May 4, 2010

JIM BEAM AND GINGER ALE IN THE DISTRICT




I'm sure I'm the last person in the blogosphere to mention this, but Long Beach lost a great publication when The District Weekly decided to close its doors. I was bummed as both a writer and reader and hope something will come along sooner than later to replace the weekly newspaper.

I was fortunate enough to be published in the District many times and I have to say, writing for TDW was always a ton of fun. Ellen the editor was great to work with and was cool enough to let me write some stuff that I'm pretty sure other editors wouldn't have let me get away with. She never chopped up my work like a few others have done and was cool enough to include me in the editing process whenever the situation arose. That is a very nice thing for an editor working on a deadline to do and I very much appreciate it.

Anyway, I had a few stories in the District before they went kaboom. Here's a little tale of me drinking Jim Beam and ginger ale in a cane at the East Village's Basement Lounge. Click here for all the pertinent info.

PS Photo by Roshelia Robles.

No comments:

Post a Comment